5 cl Rémy Martin XO
1 brown sugar cube
3 dashes of Bitters
TAKE THIS CLASSIC TO THE NEXT LEVEL
… WITH GOLD LEAF FLAKES, AND MAKE A GOLD FASHIONED
The Old Fashioned was developed in the 19th century. A short, intense, full-bodied but surprisingly smooth classic, boasting the richness of the XO blend and stirred to perfection, as called for by tradition.
HOW TO MAKE THE
- In a glass, soak the sugar lump in the bitters.
- Then add two cubes of ice.
- Pour the cognac over and stir until silky smooth, adding more ice as you stir.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
THE RÉMY MARTIN GOLD FASHIONED
Opulence at its finest, the Gold Fashioned is a luxury take on the Old Fashioned cocktail, showcasing all the richness of all XO flavours and finished with an edible gold leaf.
– 15 ml (1.5 cl) honeyed saffron syrup
– 3 drops chocolate bitters
– 50 ml (5 cl) Rémy Martin XO
– Edible gold leaf (optional)
In a mixing glass, combine all ingredients with ice and stir with a bar spoon. Strain into an XO Old Fashioned glass over one large cube of ice. Lightly dust the ice cube with gold leaf and serve.