1¾ oz Rémy Martin XO
1 brown sugar cube
3 dashes bitters
TAKE THIS CLASSIC TO THE NEXT LEVEL …
… WITH FLAKES OF GOLD LEAF, CREATING A GOLD FASHIONED.
The Old Fashioned was developed in the 19th century. A short, intense and full-bodied, yet surprisingly smooth classic, boasting the richness of the XO blend. As called for by tradition, it is then stirred to perfection.
HOW TO MAKE THE
- In a glass, soak the sugar cube in the bitters.
- Then add two cubes of ice.
- Pour the cognac over and stir until silky smooth, adding more ice as you stir.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
THE RÉMY MARTIN GOLD FASHIONED
Opulence at its finest, the Gold Fashioned is a luxury take on the Old Fashioned cocktail, showcasing all the richness of all XO flavours and finished with an edible gold leaf.
– 15 ml (1.5 cl) honeyed saffron syrup
– 3 drops chocolate bitters
– 50 ml (5 cl) Rémy Martin XO
– Edible gold leaf (optional)
In a mixing glass, combine all ingredients with ice and stir with a bar spoon. Strain into an XO Old Fashioned glass over one large cube of ice. Lightly dust the ice cube with gold leaf and serve.