Entries now open for the Rémy Martin Bartender Talent Academy
We’re inviting all South African-based bartenders to enter the Rémy Martin Bartender Talent Academy to stand a chance to compete in the global final in Cognac, France in 2023.
Explore three distinct eras of the Sidecar
Whether you fancy the Golden Age, the Disco Era, or Modern Mixology there’s a winning cocktail in every era
Join us on a journey through time as we travel from the Golden Age, to the Disco Era before swinging around to Modern Mixology to discover the most innovative new, delectable Sidecar. Through these three distinct periods we encourage you to explore:
We encourage you to explore the classic period of the creation of many historical cocktails and ask you create a twist on the original Sidecar recipe inspired from this period.
A special period for cocktail creations. Do not hesitate to be bold with this Sidecar – let’s pay tribute to the creativity of bartenders who put the light into coloured and flashy drinks.
The actual trends or the future of mixology? Mix some new techniques, ingredients, flavours and ideas to bring your Sidecar to the next level of mixology.
Rise to the challenge
• You must create 1 twisted Sidecar inspired from one of the 3 time periods, presented above
• Be ready to present your Sidecar cocktail in front of our national jury
• If you’re the national winner, you will be invited in Cognac to compete with the best bartenders worldwide and live an experience of a lifetime
Participate in our seminars
Before you enter, join us for our seminars in Johannesburg and Cape Town with 2022 winner, AJ Durow.
Follow this site for updates on the Cape Town seminar, hosted on the 21st of November.
We kick off in Johannesburg on the 14th, Cape Town following on the 21st.
Criteria for the challenge
- Rémy Martin must be listed in your bar
- You must be an active bartender at said bar
- You should be a great storyteller
- Balance of the cocktail
- The picture of the cocktail
- Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal must be used in the recipe
- Cointreau must be used in the recipe
- No competitive brands outside of the Rémy Cointreau portfolio may be used
- No competitive brands outside of the Edward Snell portfolio may be used
- Entries close 5 January 2023