bartender talent academy 22/23
Rémy Martin is launching a local challenge in order to find the best twisted Sidecar recipe in the country!
The Rémy Martin BARTENDER TALENT ACADEMY Competition opens for entries on 5 November 2022 and closes on 5 January 2023. Any entries received after the closing date will not be eligible or considered.
CRITERIA FOR THE CHALLENGE
- You must have a valid South African Identity Document
- Rémy Martin must be listed in your bar
- You must be an active bartender at said bar
- You should be a great storyteller
- Balance of the cocktail
- The picture of the cocktail
- A minimum of 30 ml Rémy Martin 1738 Accord Royal must be used in the recipe
- A minimum of 20 ml Cointreau must be used in the recipe
- No competitive brands outside of the Rémy Cointreau portfolio may be used
- No competitive brands outside of the A+E portfolio may be used
When posting any images or content of your experience during this challenge and/or after please make sure to tag @remymartinsa in ALL posts in addition to the venue that you work for #TeamUpForExcellence #RemyMartin #RemySidecar #CognacFineChampagne
GENERAL TERMS OF THE COMPETITION
Edward Snell is Edward Snell & Co. (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
The competition is open to all South African residents who are 18 years or older in possession of a valid RSA Identity Document, excluding any Director, Member, Partner, Employee, Agent or Consultant of the Promoter, the Marketing Service Providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their Spouses, Life Partners, Business Partners or Immediate Family Members.
RULES TO ENTER THE COMPETITION:
- Entry for this competition will be exclusively online, via URL, communicated via various social media and messaging platforms
- Entrants will need to complete the online registration form, and include the written details of their cocktail recipe, as well as a picture or video of themselves and the cocktail they are entering into the competition
- Once entries close, six finalists will be selected to compete at an in-person event where they will go head to head for a chance to win the grand prize: a trip to Cognac in France, where the winner will represent South Africa at the Rémy Martin Bartender Talent Academy finale event.
- Entrants will need access to data / wifi in order to enter the competition
- Finalists will be contacted via telephone call / e-mail within two weeks of the competition closing for entries.
- By entering the competition, you give your consent to Rémy Martin to promote your name across Rémy Martin social pages and website.
- Finalists will be required to ensure that they make themselves available on the said date of the local Bartender Talent Academy Event and will need to confirm their availability to attend the local Bartender Talent Academy Event upon confirmation of participation.
- For finalists based outside of the city of the local event, the necessary transport and logistical arrangements will be made.
- Should the finalists not be available at agreed location where transport arrangements have been made, resulting in them missing the arranged transport, they will be required to arrange their own transport at their own costs or forfeit the opportunity.
- The Grand Prize Winner will be announced on the day of the local competition event and will need to make themselves available to attend the international Bartender Talent Academy in France.
- All finalists must be in possession of both valid travel documents for South African and International travel, as the exact location of the local event is yet to be determined and the international event will take place outside of the RSA borders.
- The finalists and Grand Prize Winner must be available to travel from any of the major South African airports, failing which they will forfeit the prize and in which Edward Snell and or its agents reserve the right to select a new winner under the same conditions.
- Where finalists are not based in the same city as the local event, travel arrangements will be made, including flights, ground transport to and from the finalist’s home, to the airport, to the location where required and to their lodgings, accommodation and reasonable per diems.
- All travel arrangements, including flights, visas, ground transportation, accommodation and reasonable per diems, required for the trip to France will be arranged for the Grand Prize Winner.
- Finalists & Grand Prize Winner will need to confirm their date of birth for acceptance of the prize.
- Failure to do so and supplying of all required documents to confirm acceptance of prize upon follow up within 3 consecutive days will result in prize being forfeited and a new finalist/winner will be selected.
- All details related to the trip to Cognac will be communicated to the Grand Prize winner following the local event. As such, please allow for 2 – 6 weeks lead time to co-ordinate logistics.
- At this stage, the exact date of the local event is yet to be announced and the finale event in Cognac is planned for February 2022. However, depending on COVID-19 regulations at the time of hosting the event, we will confirm if the event/s will need to be postponed or continue as planned.
UNIVERSAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The Promoter or its agents’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Prize is not transferable for cash.
Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of the competition rules and all participants must abide by the rules.
Participants must provide their correct contact details. If a winner has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter (or their agent) reserves the right to select another winner in his or her place.
All winners will be required to provide their names, ID numbers and contact details and to sign an acknowledgment of receipt of any prize he or she might receive.
The Promoter shall be entitled, at its discretion, to name winners publicly and use them in any other publicity they deem. By entering the competition, prize winners agree to the publication of their names by The Promoter and its agents.
Any personal data submitted by you will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation, the Consumer Protection Act and the Promoter’s respective privacy policies. The Promoter may contact you for marketing purposes, on the basis that you will have the election to opt out at each interaction.
The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry rules.
The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the winner. However, the winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at Andreas@esnell.co.za and postal address here Cnr. Wallflower & Industry Streets, P.O. Box 318, Paarden Eiland, 7420 Att: Legal Department.
The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
In the event that the prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute with prizes of equal value.
Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom, Cell C and any other data-provision services and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to The Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone/data networks.
All entrants in this Competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom, Cell C and any other data-provision services from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
Consumers agree to be opted in to receive marketing communication from Rémy Martin & consent to Rémy Martin using their data.